Tuesday, February 1, 2011

It's over.....or is it?


Ran the Mid Distance Beargrease Sled Dog Marathon
Day 163, February 1, 2011
Team Buzzsaw / Stewart Taylor Printing

My Beargrease Sled Dog Marathon experience has come to an end. It was everything I had hoped for and will cherish the memories and the experience forever. I met some unbelievable dogs and learned to appreciate animals again. I met some great people and have made new friendships along with new business acquaintances. I lost 30 lbs and got myself back into shape. I learned that I have huge support from some of the family members and surprised how the community backed my journey. I hope that people watched the Beargrease or followed it with new interest and I hope that the momentum will continue to grow for this great Duluth / North Shore event. I have been asked if I would run the full marathon and my answer went from no, to well maybe, if the circumstances were to fall into place and I can't imagine how that will happen. So It's over, for now, and I will begin to prepare for my next adventure....biking around the Grand Canyon with my wife!

1 comment:

  1. Bill, Congratulations! What an accomplishment. You have to be very proud of yourself...and probably a bit exhausted! Celebrate!!

    Your next adventure with Moira sounds fantastic. I got your note about a half marathon but we're thinking about the Chicago Marathon for LIVESTRONG in Oct. (Tim, Tammy, and friend Matt would run the full) but they also have a team marathon option for up to 10 people (run or walk I imagine) so I should be able to manage that :) Think about it! They don't have a half marathon option- that is what I was originally hoping to do too (walk).

    ReplyDelete